Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recent Activity

I hope this message finds you well.  i am interested to buy some of your creative works.  I am in process of moving to London where my husband is head of IT.   I will have my shippers contact you as they are handling all my decors.

If you received a message similar to this, it may probably be a scam.  Fortunately I became wary and did some research that led me to information about the scam.  Artists are among many that are targeted.  In my case, I stopped communicating with this person but they sent a "cashier's check" anyway that was far more than the asking price of the art work.  Typically they would expect a more gullible person to send the balance back.  Now the artist would be out the work, the shipping costs, and money.

On a more positive side, please check out my art show at Northern Illinois University Art Museum through November, 2011.  I am pleased with the professional space and installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment